Here at BodyCore Training we offer a comprehensive range of fitness training courses, these are as follows:
- Level 2 Gym Instructor
- Level 3 Personal Trainer
- Gym & PT combined
- Online Immersion course
Level 2 gym instructor
We offer a level 2 gym instructor course in which you will achieve an Active IQ Level 2 certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym) (QCF). This offers access onto the register of exercise professionals (REPs) at level 2.
We offer immersion training with this course which will provide you with weekly training days with one of our BodyCore mentors. These training days will focus on preparing you for your observed assessment and the real world of personal training.
There will be an hour of review on sections that you’ve studied during the week along with a focus on setting SMART goals for the next week as well as assessing your portfolio. Your mentor will also spend an hour in the gym with you preparing you for your observed assessment.
During this course you’ll learn:
- To train learners to a professionally competent level, ultimately allowing them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym/health club
- To develop learner’s knowledge of anatomy and physiology and how it relates to exercise and fitness
- To develop learner’s ability to plan and deliver safe and effective gym sessions
- To provide learners with the knowledge to develop good customer service and the personal qualities required by the exercise and fitness industry
- To provide learners with an awareness of health and safety in an exercise and fitness environment
The entry requirements for this course are as follows:
- It requires physical exertion and individual participation – This is essential
- Attending a fitness facility – This would be beneficial but isn’t essential
Level 3 personal trainer
We provide a level 3 personal trainer course that will allow you to acquire the level 3 personal training certificate. This is an internationally recognised qualification which could take you on to be a personal trainer anywhere in the world.
With this course we offer immersion training which involves weekly training days with one of our BodyCore mentors. This focuses on preparing you for your observed assessment and the real world of personal training.
During your immersion training you can expect there to be an hour of review on sections that you’ve studied during the week, there will also be a focus on setting SMART goals for the next week as well as assessing your portfolio. The mentor will also spend an hour in the gym with you covering advanced cardiovascular and muscular techniques and training systems.
- How to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Programming personal training with clients
- Delivering personal training sessions
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
The course is aimed at anyone who has completed the level 2 gym certification and wants to become a personal trainer.
In order to be able to do this course there are a couple of entry requirements, these are as follows:
- You must have a suitable level 2 qualification in gym instructing
- You must have physical exertion and individual participation so a degree of physical fitness is needed
- You should have basic skills in communication and application of number pitched at levels 3 and 2, this is because there is an element of communication which includes discussing, presenting, reading and writing and application of number involved.
Gym & PT combined
This combines the level 2 gym instructor course and the level 3 personal trainer course.
This could take you to:
- Work full-time or part-time in a fitness/health club in Birmingham
- Work freelance delivering a number of classes a week in various settings
- Involve yourself in studio coordinating and advanced teaching methods
- Teach classes at fitness events and conventions, with the potential of becoming a fitness presenter
Online immersion course
We offer an online immersion course which gives you the opportunity to study in any environment – all that’s needed is an internet connection.
With the online immersion course you’ll have access to excellent resources and will also be able to get online support from your mentor without any trouble. The fact that it’s online also means that your mentor will be able to see at a glance how you are getting on.
This course will be accessed through our eLearning platform. You’ll be given a username and password to log into this and you’ll then be able to start learning through the dashboard, where you can manage your course content.
This course is supported by phone and email with your mentor and there will also be monthly regional training days at our BodyCore hub. These regional training days focus on preparing you for observed assessment.
We charge competitive prices for each of our fitness training courses and even give individuals in Birmingham finance options – so you can pay up the course rather than just paying out one large sum.
For more information about these courses simply fill out our contact form or give us a call on 08002465712.