How To Become A Fitness Instructor Glasgow
Working as a fitness instructor
Working as a fitness instructor involves working closely with clients to design tailored programmes and encouraging your clients to train both effectively and safely.
How to become a fitness instructor
We are based in Glasgow and offer a fitness instructor course that will get you on the path to your fitness career. The course that we can offer will provide the solid and practical foundation that is required to begin your career, ultimately giving you a clear insight into how you can progress in the health and fitness sector.
This course will provide you with the Active IQ Certificate in Fitness Instructing (GYM) and is at level 2 on the qualifications and credit framework. It also offers access on to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at level 2.
This course aims to:
- Train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment
- Develop learner’s knowledge of anatomy and physiology and how it relates to exercise and fitness
- Develop learner’s ability to plan and deliver safe and effective gym sessions
- Provide learners with the knowledge to develop good customer service and the personal qualities that are required by the exercise and fitness industry
- Provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further qualifications in the exercise and fitness industry
The course requires physical exertion and individual participation. Attending a fitness facility in Glasgow would also be beneficial, however, this isn’t essential.
We offer immersion training along with this course, this involves training days with one of our BodyCore mentors. The training will focus on preparing you for observed assessment and what it’s like to be a fitness instructor.
The immersion training includes an hour of review on sections that you have studied during the week and a focus on setting SMART goals for the next week as well as assessing your portfolio. One of our mentors will also spend an hour in the gym in Glasgow, preparing you for your observed assessment and covering advanced cardiovascular and muscular techniques and training systems.
Future career paths
After completion of the course you won’t just know how to become a fitness instructor but you’ll have the qualifications behind you.
This course can open the doors to a number of different careers, some of which are as follows:
- You can work full time or part time within a fitness/health club
- You can work freelance delivering a number of classes a week in a variety of settings
- You can involve yourself in studio coordinating and advanced teaching methods
- You can teach classes at fitness events and conventions and possibly become a fitness presenter
If you’d like to find out how you can become a fitness instructor with BodyCore training then just contact us today.