Here at BodyCore Training we can offer a one day kettlebell teacher course so if you’re in Glasgow and would like to gain a certificate as a kettlebell instructor then you should consider coming to us for this course.
Our one day kettlebell teacher course is delivered by Graeme Cleland who wrestled in the US and who has a hands on, fundamental and practical approach to the science of and art of kettlebells.
During our kettlebell teacher course Graeme will cover all of the necessary techniques and information that you need in order to teach safe and effective kettlebell classes and one to one sessions.
The topics that are covered are as follows:
- The history of training with kettlebells
- The benefits of using kettlebells
- The physiology of kettlebell training
- Functional kettlebell exercises
- Variations of kettlebell exercises
- Planning kettlebell training sessions
- Evaluating kettlebell training programmes
- Teaching kettlebell exercises
You will be required to demonstrate your ability to safely teach and perform a range of kettlebell exercises and will be assessed teaching:
- Swings and figure 8
- High pull and clean
- Snatch and press
- Windmill and Turkish get-up
Prior to your assessment we will provide you with a clear assessment, you will also receive written and verbal feedback from Graeme.
You will be given a case study as part of your assessment criteria, this along with a portfolio of work that is supplied to you on the course must be returned to us after you have completed the course. After you have returned this information to us we will then give you your certificate.
Before you start our kettlebell teacher course we would ask you to check that you have the following:
- Physical exertion and individual participation
- A level 2 certificate in fitness instruction, this can include a level 2 gym instructor certificate or a level 2 exercise to music certificate
Alternatively if you would just like to complete the training for fun or experience and you aren’t fussed about the certification then there are no formal pre-requisites for this course.
Our kettlebell teacher course can allow you to progress into the fitness industry in a number of different ways including:
- You could work full-time or part-time within a fitness/health club in Glasgow
- You could work freelance delivering several classes per week in a range of different settings
- You could involve yourself in studio coordinating and advanced teaching methods
- You could teach classes at different fitness events and conventions, with the possibility of you being able to become a fitness presenter
To find out more about this course and what it can offer to you and other individuals in Glasgow all you have to do is get in touch with us. We can then discuss this course in greater depth and can answer any questions that you have. Just see our contact page for more information.