PT MENTORING: This allows you the student, valuable interaction with your successful and inspirational PT MENTOR. Access your PT MENTOR through face to face sessions, FB messenger, email and text. This is the only PT MENTOR led, Personal Training course of its kind.
IMMERSION sessions: At BODYCORE we offer weekly immersion sessions with your PT MENTOR.
These Immersion sessions focus on preparing you for your observed assessment, cover A&P essentials, and set SMART goals for the next week.
Your PT MENTOR will spend at least an hour in the gym environment, preparing you for your observed assessment. Here you will cover advanced cardiovascular and muscular techniques and Training Systems. This synergy of the practical and theoretical is BODYCORE’s signature approach to learning, and truly prepares you for the real world gym environment.
THE HUB training days: These are run monthly, on the FIRST Saturday of the month. Here you will write your exams, perform your observed assessments and hand in your portfolios for marking.
The Active IQ Certificate in Fitness Instructing (GYM) is at level 2 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework. It is CIMSPA and REPS accredited
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- To train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment Objectives:
- To develop learner’s knowledge of anatomy and physiology and how it relates to exercise and fitness
- To develop learner’s ability to plan and deliver safe and effective gym sessions
- To provide learners with the knowledge to develop good customer service and the personal qualities required by the exercise and fitness industry
- To provide learners with an awareness of health and safety in an exercise and fitness environment
- To provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further qualifications in the exercise and fitness industry
WHO’S THE COURSE FOR?
- Adults (aged 16+) wishing to pursue a career in the health and fitness sector as gym-based fitness instructors
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential.
- Attendance to a fitness facility would be beneficial but not essential.
WHAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE?
- The ACTIVE IQ level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym) (QCF)
WHERE COULD THIS TAKE YOU?
- Work full-time or part-time within a fitness/health club
- Work freelance delivering a number of classes a week in various settings
- Involve yourself in studio coordinating and advanced teaching methods
- Teach classes at fitness events and conventions and possibly become a fitness presenter
SIGN UP TODAY!