Personal Trainer Courses Essex
Personal trainers are there not only to earn but to motivate people whilst teaching them cardiovascular, strength training and stretching exercises. Typically they will work with people of all ages and skills who have different goals that they want to achieve.
In order for you to become a personal trainer you have to have many different skills for example you can’t just be physically fit, you must be able to motivate others to take care of their bodies and you have to be polite and friendly for you to encourage and maintain client relationships. You will also need to be a good listener and problem solver so that you can figure out your clients’ current fitness levels and their future fitness goals.
Apart from having different people skills and being physically fit you will need to have various personal trainer qualifications for you to be recognised as a professional personal trainer.
Here at BodyCore Training we offer a comprehensive range of personal trainer courses that can give you the qualifications that you need to start and progress in this industry. These courses include:
- Level 2 gym instructor
- Level 3 personal trainer
- Gym & PT combined
- Level 2 emergency first aid
- Level 2 indoor studio cycling
- Kettlebell teacher
- Online immersion
Level 2 gym instructor
The Active IQ Certificate in Fitness Instructing is at level 2 on the qualifications and credit framework. This course also provides access on to the register of exercise professionals (REPs) at level 2.
During our level 2 gym instructor course you will:
Be able to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club in Essex
Develop your knowledge of anatomy and physiology and how it relates to exercise and fitness
Have the knowledge to develop good customer service and the personal qualities that are required by the exercise and fitness industry
Have an awareness of health and safety in an exercise and fitness environment
Have the opportunity to progress to further your qualifications in this industry
Level 3 Personal trainer
Our level 3 personal trainer covers advanced cardiovascular and muscular techniques and training systems.
By the end of the course you’ll:
- Know how to support your clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Have a better knowledge of health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Know more about the principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Know more about anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Know more about programming personal training with clients
- Know what’s required to deliver personal training sessions
- Be able to apply the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
Gym and PT combined
Our gym and PT combined are both the level 2 gym instructor course and our level 3 personal trainer course combined.
Level 2 emergency first aid
This course covers everything that you need in order to be a fully competent emergency first aid at work practitioner.
With this course you will learn the skills that are necessary to handle medical emergencies at work and will be able to act with both confidence and authority.
Level 2 indoor studio cycling
Our level 2 indoor studio cycling course covers everything that you need to become a studio cycling instructor in the one day. The qualification is internationally recognised and is delivered by a current practitioner.
During this course you will learn:
- How to plan, teach and evaluate safe and effective studio cycling training sessions
- About exercise and programme design
- About bike set-up
- About the health benefits of studio cycling
- About the correct technique when studio cycling
- About health and safety considerations
- About intensity monitoring
Kettlebell teacher training course
Our kettlebell teacher training course covers:
- The history of kettlebell training
- The benefits of kettlebell training
- The physiology of kettlebell training
- The functional kettlebell exercise
- The variations of kettlebell exercise
- The planning kettlebell training sessions
- Evaluating kettlebell training programmes
- Teaching kettlebell exercises
When you are doing the course you will be required to demonstrate your ability to safely teach and perform the kettlebell exercises. Your mentor will assess you on two of the following exercises:
- Swing and figure 8
- High pull and clean
- Snatch and press
- Windmill and Turkish get up
Our NASM course covers the following modules and subjects:
- Anatomy and physiology for health and fitness
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Programming personal training with clients
- Delivering personal training sessions
- Scientific rationale for integrated training
- Basic exercise science
- Fitness assessment
- Cardio-respiratory training concepts
- Core training concepts
- Behaviour modification
- Professional development
Online immersion course
The online immersion course gives you the opportunity to learn how to become a personal trainer online from any environment that you have access to the internet.
With the online immersion course you will have access to all of the resources that you need and can receive online support from your mentor. Your mentor will also be able to keep an eye on how you are progressing which is beneficial because it helps you to keep on target.
Additional information about each of our personal trainer courses can be found on our courses section of our website.
As a training provider, our main aim is to create a community of certified personal trainers who are dedicated to the health and fitness of both body and mind.
We are currently the first provider in Essex and in the rest of the UK who offer the NASM embedded internationally recognised personal training certification.
We believe that individuals should have high-quality training at affordable prices and even offer finance options where you can pay up the course, this is beneficial as it allows you to spread the cost instead of paying to pay the full cost at the one time.
For more information on the personal trainer courses that we can offer to you and other individuals in Essex, simply contact us.